• Minimal travel, based in Coralville IA
• Full-Time exempt position with excellent company benefits and stock option eligibility
Reporting to the Chief Financial Officer, the staff accountant is responsible for overseeing the accounting infrastructure for a dynamic medical device Company. Responsibilities include ownership for financial statement integrity, finance systems, people, and process infrastructure relied upon to record, review and report on financial and business intelligence matters, audit and regulatory compliance, and development of processes and internal controls. Along with the CFO, this position will be a key liaison with the external auditors and will interact with the senior management of the Company.
The staff accountant will serve as a valued advisor to the senior executive team in assembling and interpreting the key financial information that drives the business and be a key driver in cross- functional projects, taking a pro-active role in determining process and accounting requirements to support the business.
- All aspects of GAAP accounting operations
- Issuance of timely and accurate financial statements and reports in accordance with GAAP, including actual to budget management reporting.
- Work with the outside accountants to develop GAAP financial statements for the last 3 years.
- Responsible for daily accounting activities to include revenue recognition, invoice processing, A/R, A/P, inventory, fixed assets, payroll administration, and GL maintenance. Responsible for all account reconciliations.
- Responsible for coordinating all tax filings and tax compliance to include multi-state sales tax filings, business property tax, franchise tax, and 1099s. Work directly with external accountants on tax return preparation.
- Assistance in preparing Board packages.
- Develop/maintain an effective, weekly cash management program.
- Enhance the financial model to frugally manage the cash position.
- Management of external relationships with auditors, tax preparers and valuation advisors.
- Annual audit process with outside auditors.
- Prepare the annual Budget and monthly Actual versus Budget reports
- Maintain the Company’s capitalization schedule.
- Maintain the Company’s stock option program.
- Establishment and maintenance of adequate internal controls to ensure the accuracy of financial information. Oversee and direct all monthly, quarterly and year-end closings including the year-end audit. Enforce internal controls and processes to ensure the accuracy of financial information.
- Help establish Finance policies and procedures and ensure that all established Finance policies, rules, regulations and agreements are followed.
- Ensure that all Finance processes and procedures are appropriately documented and executed.
- Help establish basic HR systems and procedures
- Provide CFO and executive management with accurate and timely information necessary to make strategic and operating decisions.
- Evaluate existing and new accounting rules and guidelines and recommend appropriate actions and/or procedures.
- Assistance with ad hoc reports, special projects and analysis.
- 4-year degree in accounting is required; a Masters degree in Accounting is a plus
- 3-5 years of relevant business experience
- Solid knowledge of Quick Books
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong time management and organization skills
- Excellent computer skills including Excel financial modeling
- Solid knowledge of MS Office applications
- Collaborative and team player; focused and passionate about the business and is accountable with the highest integrity
- Experience establishing accounting processes and an understanding of internal controls
- Strong problem solving/analytical skills and the ability to work both independently
- Ability to manage multiple priorities
- Any experience with Grant writing
- Any Life Science experience
- Revenue recognition experience
- US GAAP and Sarbanes-Oxley experience
- Any IT experience
Apply through linked in: https://www.linkedin.com/jobs/cap/view/442646114